Monday, September 22, 2014

Brides Against Breast Cancer

So this past weekend my MOH, Alex, and I went to the Westin hotel in buckhead Atlanta for a bride events called "Brides Against Breast Cancer". I paid for the VIP ticket which is an 4 hour event for brides to try and maybe buy bridal gowns that are used or discounted new dresses. I got super excited when I bought the ticket 3 weeks ago and was looking forward to the event. It would've been my first time trying bridal gown on. 



Honestly,... I was disappointed as soon as I got there. there was maybe 6 racks of wedding dresses and the room was small. I began to look at the dresses with alex and one of the volunteers, they only had 1 rack with my size, but truly, there was only 3 dresses that were my size. Not only that.. the dresses were mostly dirty or something's wrong or zippers are broken. Then the prices weren't even that good. I was looking for a lace dress and they had none.

Reason why I wasn't too happy about being there is because I had high expectations. I googled and researched the event. Here's some pictures that I found..



needless to say, it wasn't like this at all. I did try on a few gowns ..which I wasn't fond of anyway. 
However, I do have to say trying on gowns made me actually want to start making appointments to bridal salons and try on gowns that I envision. 


No comments:

Post a Comment