Friday, May 23, 2014

Traditional Fried rice!

i know. sounds typical. An Asian blogger writing about how to make fried rice. But who doesn't love a good fried rice? And why pay for someone else to do it when you can simply make it at home for a cheaper price and have lots of leftovers lol. 
Anyways, Blake LOVES fried rice and I am glad that I picked up some cooking skills when I was little from my mother. I love traditional food and I rarely would go to a Chinese/Taiwanese restaurant that's Americanized, if you know what I mean. There are only a few restaurants that I would go and say its authentic. 
Anywho. lets get started!
=======================================
Ingredients:
Onion X 1
Garlic cloves X 3
Olive Oil X 1 tbsp
Asian rice (no jasmine rice or any American rice) X however much you want. In my case I used 2 1/2 cups uncooked which = 4 cups or more cooked
chicken breast X 1 lb
Mixed veggies
bean sprouts (we love bean sprouts)
green onion
eggs X 3
Soy sauce X 3 tbsp
Sesame oil X 1 tbsp


Steps:
Before you start cooking, make sure your rice is cooked and ready to go.
 
cut onion and garlic while heating oil in a big pan.
cook onion and garlic when ready.

Then while the onion and garlic are cooking, cut your chicken breasts into bite size


cook chicken in a separate cooking pan so the juice that comes out while chicken cooks will not moisten the rice when you add in later.
cut the rest of your veggies. Here I used mushroom and green onion and the rest of the mixed veggies I used frozen ones.

when chicken is thoroughly cooked, add it into your pan with onion and garlic. 
then add all of your vegetables.

Then take your lightly beaten eggs and cook it. You can either cook in in the same pan as your veggies and try not to mix in the uncooked eggs to your veggies or you can do it in a separate pan. 
Its like scrambled eggs but nothing added to the eggs. its only lightly beaten. 
add rice, soy sauce and sesame oil. Now you dont need to add sesame oil if you don't like the taste or smell. Add salt and pepper.

and just mix everything together, and taste as you go. 

Here's the final product. lol Blake inhaled two bowls of fried rice.

Hope you guys enjoy it! :)

ciao~<3

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm can you just come make me a bowl please?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha I would love to but its really not that bad. :)

      Delete